- Employment Law
- Constructive Dismissals – Know Your Rights!
- Do You Need A Skilled Employment Attorney?
- Facing a Wrongful Termination Claim? Turn to Simas!
- Find the Employment Discrimination Lawyer You Need
- Guide to California Employment Law: 10 Things Employers Should Know
- Protect Yourself With an Employee Rights Attorney!
- We Know Labor & Employment Law
- Workplace Investigations
Simas & Associates, Ltd. advises employers throughout the state of California regarding employment law. The myriad of federal, state, and local labor and employment laws is confusing and can be difficult to meet for small businesses and working professionals. Our law firm has extensive experience providing legal advice and counsel regarding compliance with Federal and State law and developing and implementing best practices. This includes providing human resources assistance in the following areas:
- Recruitment advertising and interviewing
- Classification of employment status
- Wage and hour policies and procedures, including overtime
- Harassment and discrimination
- Employee privacy issues
- Protection of trade secrets, customer/client lists
- Federal and State leave laws (Family Medical Leave Act and California Family Rights Act)
- Disability compliance
- Reasonable accommodation
- Employee corrective action
- Employment termination
Simas & Associates, Ltd. also provides preventative training and active participation as Counsel-of-Record for California employers in the following areas:
- Drafting and revising employee handbooks and employee policies and procedures.
- Negotiating, drafting and revising employment contracts, independent contractor agreements, and severance agreements.
- Sexual harassment training for executives, supervisors, and employees.
- Swift, neutral workplace investigations as required by California and Federal law when an employer is faced with complaints of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation.
- Fair and unbiased investigations into claims of employee misconduct including workplace violence, theft, policy and procedure violations, or code of conduct violations.
- Human Resources employee counseling, training and mentoring.
- Auditing of document control and confidentiality.
Simas & Associates, Ltd.'s experience is not limited to just employment law theory. Rather, the law firm has experience representing employers in Civil Litigation for any of the above employment matters, before administrative agencies and in both Federal and State Courts. This could include, but is not limited to, the following types of claims:
- Wage and hour litigation, including claims of overtime, unpaid wages, tip pooling violations, and meal and rest period violations
- Wrongful termination claims
- Workers’ compensation claims
- Claims of discrimination, including but not limited to, disability discrimination, gender discrimination, sexual harassment, age discrimination, race or ethnicity discrimination
- Invasion of privacy
- Trade secrets misappropriation
- Whistle blower claims
Finally, given our reputation as one of California's leaders in Administrative and Professional Licensing law, Simas & Associates, Ltd. works with licensed employees and public sector employees concerning their own labor and employment disputes. This includes licensed employees in the public and private sector and all individuals employed by California's state agencies and local municipalities. We have experience representing employees in the negotiation of employment and severance Contracts, disciplinary appeals (e.g. Skelly Hearings, local and state government appeal boards, etc.), and defending their rights during internal investigations. We also can represent or host parties through our Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) services.