Simas & Associates, Ltd., has a long history of experience in Public Contracts law. Our experience in both administrative law and state procurement complements our experience. We serve clients throughout the State of California.
Steve Simas and his team were a great asset to me during what could have been a very daunting process. He and his team provided me with not only great legal representation, but also moral support and a sense of humor. This made intimidating situations manageable.—Dr. Stephen
If you need experienced legal assistance in the area of public contract law, contact us for a free consultation.
California Public Contract Law Victories
Highlights of this practice include the following cases.
- The published opinion of the Third District Court of Appeal in National Identification Systems v. State Board of Control (1992) 11 Cal.App.4th 1446, 15 Cal.Rptr. 2d 257, involving the introduction of the “credit card style driver's license" by the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Mr. Simas represented MCI in its bid protest against the award of the contract for the data processing component of the state's Smog Check Program in 2003 and 2004.
- Simas & Associates, Ltd., successfully obtained over $2.25 million against the California Highway Patrol for a Southern California high-tech communications firm involved with the statewide radio dispatch consoles upgrade.
Public Contract Law Expertise
Simas & Associates, Ltd.'s Public Contracts practice focuses on providing cost effective solutions to disputes between government contractors and public entities. We represent contractors, suppliers, and subcontractors on state and local agency projects. Our firm's expertise includes:
- Contract negotiation
- Bid protests
- Performance disputes, including disqualification and disbarment
- Litigation for and with public agencies.
We have successfully litigated and resolved claims at the administrative, trial, and appellate levels.