Simas & Associates, Ltd., is the leading law firm in the State of California specializing in the representation of physical therapists and physical therapy assistants (PTAs).
Experienced Physical Therapist Attorneys
Our firm has been honored to serve as legal counsel to the California Physical Therapy Association (CPTA) for nearly ten years, and routinely provides legal advice to its members in a wide range of topics impacting all aspects of the practice of physical therapy and operating a physical therapy business.
In addition, our firm’s founder, Steven L. Simas, occasionally serves as a presenter and panel member at the California Physical Therapy Association Annual Conference. Mr. Simas also frequently contributes articles to CPTA’s quarterly newsletter, PT Interventions.
Recently, Mr. Simas testified as an Expert Witness in Orange County Superior Court regarding the scope of practice of a physical therapist, and has served as expert consultant, advisor, and legal counsel to a number of other physical therapy practice groups, institutions, and practitioners throughout the State of California. Our most common Business Formation and Transaction and Counsel-of-Record Services clients are physical therapists formalizing their businesses.
Legal Services for Physical Therapy Professionals
Our team provides the following legal services and advises our physical therapy clients in the following areas:
- Physical Therapy Board of California (PTBC) investigations
- PTBC applications, disciplinary actions, and reinstatement
- Insurance provider audits, appeals, and provider status disputes
- Legal Advice and Consultation regarding scope of practice and supervision requirements of physical therapists and PTAs
- Advice regarding compliance with professional corporation structuring
- Legal advice regarding referral-for-profit, advertising, and physician-owned physical therapy services
- Employment Law and supervision of assistive personnel
- Regulatory compliance, including medical recordkeeping
- Civil litigation, Appeals, and Alternative Dispute Resolution, such as arbitration or mediation
- Contract Negotiation and review, and Business Law consulting
- Employment law, including advice and consultation, defense of claims, and related litigation
In serving physical therapy professionals throughout the state, Simas & Associates, Ltd., is truly on the cutting edge regarding issues facing the physical therapy industry and providers. To receive your free and confidential initial consultation, or your CPTA or American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) member discounted legal rate, please contact Simas & Associates, Ltd., regarding your legal issues.