Since the reorganization of the state government in that went into effect on July 1, 2013, Governor Brown has made appointments to several bureaus within the new infrastructure:
- Under the new Business, Consumer Services, and Housing Agency, Joanne Wenzel, 56, of Sacramento, was appointed Chief of the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (“BPPE”).
- Kathleen Thomson, 54, of Vacaville, has been appointed to the California Professional Fiduciaries Bureau Advisory Committee.
- Patricia Lock-Dawson, 48, from Riverside and Samara Ashley, 34, from Los Angeles, have both been appointed to the Board of Behavioral Sciences
- Linda Clifford, 60, from Sacramento, and Kevin Albanese, 39, from San Jose have been appointed to the Contractors State License Board (“CSLB”).
- Andrew Moreno, 30, from Arroyo Grande, has been appointed to the Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians Board.
- Diane Vanderpot, 53, from Livermore is now the Undersecretary of Veterans Homes at the California Department of Veterans Affairs.
Of the total of 18 appointments announced July 12, 2013, 11 of them are women, and of those that chose to disclose, 9 are Democrats and 5 Republican. In depth details of all the appointees and their backgrounds can be found under “Latest News” at the Office of the Governor.