Need to make sure that your business complies with local labor laws? The attorneys at Simas & Associates, Ltd., can help! Running a business is hard work, and Simas & Associates, Ltd., understands that. For over 12 years, our labor lawyers have been helping businesses large and small by offering labor and employment law guidance.
Our California Labor Lawyers
Simas & Associates, Ltd., has been advising and representing clients in California since 2002. With offices in Sacramento and San Luis Obispo, we represent clients statewide. In that time, our lawyers have worked to guide clients into compliance with their responsibilities as employers and establishing a positive reputation in their local communities.
Labor & Employment Law Guidance
You may be wondering how a labor attorney can help you. Our skilled labor lawyers help by making sure that your business is in compliance with California’s labor and employment laws, both on the local level and state-wide. Compliance with those laws leads to a positive workplace, which leads to happy employees and proactively reduces the risk of claims and lawsuits.
Specifically, the team of labor attorneys at Simas & Associates, Ltd., will be able to help you in areas such as:
- Making sure your wage and hour policies and procedures are in compliance.
- Harassment and discrimination.
- Ensuring your employee privacy.
- Protection of your customer/client lists.
- Federal and State leave laws (Family Medical Leave Act and California Family Rights Act).
- Disability compliance within your business.
- Reasonable accommodations for all employees.
- Employee corrective actions within your business.
- Employment termination.
We also work with you, ensuring your business is in compliance, by:
- Drafting and revising employee guidebooks, policies and procedures.
- Negotiating, drafting, and revising all relevant employment documents, including contracts, agreements, and termination letters.
- Sexual harassment training for your entire staff.
- Swift investigations when an employer is facing complaints of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation in the workplace as required by state and Federal law.
- Unbiased third-party investigations into various claims of employee misconduct and disputes.
- Human Resources counseling, training and mentoring.
- Auditing of document control and privacy procedures.
The Simas & Associates Name
Simas & Associates, Ltd., also has experience representing employers in civil litigation employment matters before local, state, and federal administrative agencies, and in both federal and state courts. Each lawyer at Simas & Associates, Ltd., strives to achieve our mission and fulfill our reputation as one of California’s leading law firms in local Labor Law.
If you are in need of a lawyer to guide you through employment and labor law, contact us today for your free consultation. We are here for you and your business!