Steven L. Simas is an AV® Preeminate™ Rated attorney and the founding member of Simas & Associates, Ltd. Mr. Simas graduated from California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and King Hall University of California, Davis School of Law with his Juris Doctorate.
He served as a Deputy Attorney General (DAG) in the employment law section of the Office of the Attorney General in Sacramento, and as the Chief Consultant to the Assembly Committee on Labor and Employment in the California Legislature.
Mr. Simas' Extensive Admissions and Memberships
Mr. Simas is admitted to practice before:
- The United States District Court
- Eastern, Central an Northern Districts of California
- The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- The United States Supreme Court.
He is also a member of:
Honors and Recognitions
Mr. Simas has three published appellate opinions in the California Supreme Court and courts of appeal, including Paris v. Zolin (1996) 12 Cal.4th 839) which involved the enforcements of subpoenas in administrative licensing hearings.:
In 2018, Mr. Simas was nominated and selected as a Centennial Fellow of the Sacramento County Bar Association for his years of service to that association, including serving as chair of the Administrative Law Section.
In 1997, he received a gubernatorial appointment as counsel to the Public Employment Relations Board where he served for two years. Mr. Simas has also served as:
- Temporary Judge for the Sacramento Superior Court, Small Claims and Traffic Divisions (1998 to 2008).
- Chair of the Sacramento County Bar Association, Administrative Law Section (2005-2006, 2014).
- Advisory Board Member, Cal Poly Arts, 2014 to 2018.
- President, Paso Robles Youth Baseball.
Steven L. Simas' Areas of Practice
His practice areas include:
- Healthcare Law
- Professional Licensing Law
- Administrative Law
- Employment Law
- Public Contracts Law
- Auto Dealer and Repair Law
- Gambling Law
- Alcoholic Beverage Control Law
- Civil Litigation
He is also the primary provider of our Alternative Dispute Resolution services.