Mr. Simas' Extensive Admissions and Memberships
Mr. Simas is admitted to practice before:
The United States District Court
Eastern, Central an Northern Districts of California
The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
The United States Supreme Court.
He is also a member of:
- The San Luis Obispo County Bar Association
- The Sacramento County Bar Association
- The Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- The American Veterinary Medical Legal Association
- The California Academy of Attorneys for Health Care Providers
- The California Society of Healthcare Attorneys
Honors and Recognitions
Mr. Simas has three published appellate opinions in the California Supreme Court and courts of appeal, including Paris v. Zolin (1996) 12 Cal.4th 839) which involved the enforcements of subpoenas in administrative licensing hearings.:
In 2018, Mr. Simas was nominated and selected as a Centennial Fellow of the Sacramento County Bar Association for his years of service to that association, including serving as chair of the Administrative Law Section.
In 1997, he received a gubernatorial appointment as counsel to the Public Employment Relations Board where he served for two years. Mr. Simas has also served as:
- Temporary Judge for the Sacramento Superior Court, Small Claims and Traffic Divisions (1998 to 2008).
- Chair of the Sacramento County Bar Association, Administrative Law Section (2005-2006, 2014).
- Advisory Board Member, Cal Poly Arts, 2014 to 2018.
- President, Paso Robles Youth Baseball.
Steven L. Simas' Areas of Practice
His practice areas include:
Professional Licensing Law
Public Contracts Law
Auto Dealer and Repair Law
Alcoholic Beverage Control Law
He is also the primary provider of our Alternative Dispute Resolution services.