As an employer, it is often difficult to keep up with the multitude of local, state, and federal employment laws. In addition, employers focused solely on liability avoidance tend to miss out on easy opportunities to make the workplace experience more positive for their employees, thus maximizing their return on investment. Many assume these goals conflict, but Simas & Associates can help you sort them out.
We offer Human Resources (HR) and Employment Law Counseling in order to keep your business out of any lawsuits and help it thrive. For a flat-rate monthly fee, we will cover all your employment law needs.
As soon as you sign on to work with Simas & Associates, Ltd. for employment law counseling, our experienced attorneys will conduct an assessment of your business's HR practices and priorities. This report helps our team, as well as your management, make the best plan for moving forward.
You will also receive a 10 % discount on hourly rates or flat rate fees for other services, such as additional attorney consulting, litigation, business formation, and more.
Month-to-month, our employment law counseling services include:
- Unlimited phone calls to our office regarding Human Resources assistance.
- Next-Day Guarantee—All calls or email inquiries will be responded to within the next business day or else you will receive a credit for a free month of benefits.
- Up to two hours per month of confidential attorney counseling regarding Employment Law matters. This could include over-the-phone, web-conference, or in-person advice and consult, review of documents, or legal research.
- 50% off our hourly rate for all document preparation and revisions.
- Access to the Rotunda Report, the official newsletter of Simas & Associates, Ltd.
Every quarter an attorney will deliver a two-hour presentation to your staff on a topic of your choice. Your team will grow together and become naturally more compliant, and your business will benefit from the professionalism of an educated staff. Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Sexual Harassment and Bullying in the Workplace
- Management Skills
- Supervisory Responsibility
- Workplace Investigations
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- California Employment Law Update
- Social Media in the Workplace
- Director and Officer Duty Training
- Unemployment Compensation
- Substance Abuse and Drug Testing
- Personnel Forms and Practices
When you commit on an annual basis, we will include a Human Resources Revision Project—valued at $2,000—free of charge. Projects can include:
- 100-Point Checklist—We will complete an audit of your labor, employment, and human resources practices to ensure that you are minimizing your liability and maximizing the benefits you can provide to your staff.
- Employee Handbook—We will review and revise your employee handbook each year, or in the event you are without a handbook (or one that has not been revised in a long time) we will provide you with an up-to-date handbook, specific to your industry.
- Job Descriptions—We will review and revise all job descriptions ensuring they reflect the nature of the position and are compliant with Americans with Disability Act specifications.
- Wage-and-Hour Audit—We will review all employment positions and ensure that they are being classified, and that appropriate meals-and-rest breaks are being offered.
- Compensation Audit—We will review compensation provided to each employee and inform you of those who are outside of the normal rate of pay, given experience and position.
- Expansion of Benefits—We will identify other, low-cost benefits to offer your employees.
- Onsite Training of HR— We will provide as-needed onsite training for up to 2 Human Resources professionals.
The current Employment Law Counseling flat rate monthly fee is $600 per month, paid quarterly for $1,800. A $200 discount brings the annual cost down to $7,000 if paid one year in advance.